Sunday 23 October 2022

Battersea

Somewhere I know I have a picture of Battersea Power Station before the rebuild, which I wanted to add to this post, but I can't find it on 365 or any of my USBs so it's just pictures I took yesterday, of the new development. About a third of the shops are empty, the lift up the chimney and access to the boiler look like they're still being finished, as does the full promenade past and into London, but it's bright, shiny, massive, and will either do phenomenally well (especially this Christmas) or be a huge white elephant because it's launched at the worst possible time (Brexit/Covid/Energy Crisis/Financial Crash/Current Cabinet imploding). It was incredibly busy, huge queues for food, but I didn't see too many people buying actual stuff. I think many of them, like me, were just there to look. 





and then I went to Battersea Park, where the autumn colour is fantastic right now




No comments:

Post a Comment