Sunday 24 January 2021

Eighties Reading Challenge

The first time I decided to do this challenge I set up the rules for myself as follows:

1) To read a few books from each year, including rereads, in order. So 1980 runs from January to February, 1981 from February to March and so on.

2) Each month to contain at least one book I haven't read before. 

3) All books read for this challenge must be reviewed. At least a paragraph per book. 

4) Go through my own shelves first.

Which back the first time round brought up four unread books, three of which I did read and one (Life on Earth by David Attenborough) I didn't. I've also ordered The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco, which I've never read either, and which is historical fiction, not normally my thing, but which I remember being huge. 

And as before, if anyone stumbles across this and wants to read along or link their own reviews for the appropriate year you're very welcome to. Just leave it as a comment here or on the relevant post. 

1980 will wrap up on the 23rd February 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment