Tuesday 20 August 2013

On why Infinity doesn’t last as long as it used to.

We had the Infinity Magnum (lasts about the same length of time as any other choc ice on stick type lolly) and the Infinity broadband (capped at 40GB) now (or at least not now, but I’ve only just noticed it, so now as far as I’m concerned) the Infinity panty liner, which absorbs 10 times its own weight.

Which is impressive, I’ll grant you, but still a finite amount.

I don’t want to go all Lynne Truss about this but it’s still odd, isn’t it, that the advertising execs and brand developers of these three very different items should have chosen to abuse the word infinity in this relatively short space of time?


Did each campaign set the next off, like dominoes? Are they in collusion? Are they mates? Was it done for a bet? 

Did they all go to the same school with the same really terrible science teacher who didn't properly explain what infinity actually means?

Whatever the answer, I feel better for getting that out. Thank you for indulging me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment